Terms & Conditions
Any person living in the UK and Ireland (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership) can enter the competition through the Website or by post to win the Prize. The winning ticket will be chosen at random within 7 days of the tickets selling out and will receive the Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The maximum number of entries will be stated on the home page of each individual competition.
The Competition is operated by the Promoters
The Competition is open for entry to all persons aged 16 or over excluding the Promoters, their family, agents, employees, professional advisers or conductor administration of the Competition in any way, shape or form. By entering the Competition, all Entrants acknowledge that their payment per entry does not guarantee in any way that they will win the prize. The Promoters do not in any way guarantee the value of the Prize. As a condition of entering the Competition, Entrants must ensure that, by doing so, they do not contravene any laws of their country of residence. The Promoter will not be liable in any way if an Entrant enters the Competition unlawfully; The Entrants and the Promoters recognise that the Competition, its administration and all associated activities are governed by English Law and the Promoters and Entrants recognise that the County or High Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute arising out of the Competition or its administration; By entering a competition, Entrants warrant that all information which they submit is accurate, true, current and complete. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any entrant (entirely at their own discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions the Promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and for any reason.
- Qualifying Persons
- 1.1 Gaming Edge(‘Promoter’, ‘our(s)’) operate competitions – skill-based games resulting in the allocation of prizes in accordance with these terms and conditions on the website www.jbperformanceclassics.co.uk (the ‘Website’) – (the ‘Competition(s)’).
- 1.2 The Competitions are open to all persons aged 16 and over and the age of majority in their country of residence except the Promoter’s employees.
- 1.3 The promoter reserves the right to close a customer’s account at any time, if they feel the customer is abusing the services, being abusive to other customers or staff or they have the belief that it is not genuinely the customer that is entering.
- 1.4 The promoter reserves the right to refuse a customer’s entry at the own discretion.
- Legal Undertaking
- 2.1 By entering a Competition the entrant (‘Entrant’, ‘you’, ‘your(s)’) will be deemed to have legal capacity to do so, you will have read and understood these terms and conditions and you will be bound by them and by any other requirements set out in any related promotional material.
- 2.2 Competitions are governed by English Law and any matters relating to the Competition will be resolved under English Law and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- 2.3 In the event that you participate in a Competition online via the Website, and by accepting these terms and conditions you confirm that you are not breaching any laws in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering our Competitions. The Promoter will not be held responsible for any Entrant entering any of our Competitions unlawfully. If in any doubt you should immediately leave the Website and check with the relevant authorities in your country.
- Competition Entry
3.2 Availability and pricing of Competitions is at the discretion of the Promoter and will be specified at the point of sale on the Website.
3.1 Competitions may be entered via the Website or via post.
3.3 You don’t need to register and can enter as a guest user.
3.4 When playing a Competition online via the Website, follow the on-screen instructions to: (a) select the Competition you wish to enter, answer the entry question. Incorrect answers will still be charged but will not be entered into the draw. This to maintain the element of skill as it is a competition not a raffle. If you answer incorrectly by mistake and realise off your own accord you can contact and request it to be changed once. When you are ready to purchase your Ticket(s), provide your contact and payment details. You will need to check your details carefully and tick the declaration, confirming you have read and understood the Competition terms and conditions; (b) once you have purchased your Tickets, play the Challenge when your payment has cleared, we will then contact you by email to confirm your entry into the Competition. Please note that when entering online you will not be deemed entered into the Competition until we confirm your Ticket(s) order back to you by email.
3.5 The Promoter reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any incomplete Entries if it has reasonable grounds for believing that an Entrant has contravened any of these terms and conditions.
3.6 To the extent permitted by applicable law, all Entries become our property and will not be returned.
3.7 The competition closes when the last number is taken, no more entries after this point will be accepted.
3.8 All entrants must supply an email address to proceed in the competition.
3.9 FREE ENTRY .If you wish to enter the competition for free please send a unenclosed post card to: Gaming Edge 28 The Martins, Crawley Down, West Sussex, RH10 4XU, England. All free entries must be received before the close of the competition.
All entries must include the name of the competition you are entering with the correct answer, your email address, date of birth, home address and contact telephone number. One competition entry per post card. One postal entry per person. All free postal entries are processed the same as creditor entries via the website. Postal entries are processed once a week on a Monday. Postal entries must be received by Gaming Edgebefore the competition closing date. Entries received after the competition close date will not be counted. Entries sent not using the correct method stated above will not be counted.
3.10 Ticket sales are non-refundable, and all sales are final. Unless a competition is cancelled at which point you will receive a full refund. Postal entries will not have the postage costs refunded.
- Promotion Periods
- 4.1 Please see each Competition for details of start and end times and dates (‘Promotion Period(s)’).
- Competition Judgement
- 5.1 Gaming Edge will use Google random number generator streamed live on Facebook. The range of numbers will be determined by the amount of tickets allocated to each competition.
- 5.2 Due to the nature of the winning judgement there will only be one winner per competition.
- 5.3 The Promoter will attempt to contact Winner(s) using the telephone numbers and email address provided at the time of Entry (or as subsequently updated) and held securely in our database. It is the Entrant’s sole responsibility to check and update these details. If for any reason they are taken down incorrectly, the Promoter will not be held responsible. Entrants must carefully check their contact details have been recorded correctly.
- 5.4 If for any reason the Promoter is unable to contact a Winner within 5 days (which may be extended at the sole discretion of the Promoter) of the end of a Competition or the Winner fails to confirm acceptance of the prize or the Winner is disqualified as a result of contravening any of these terms and conditions, the Winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will remain in the procession and ownership of JB Performance Classics.
- 5.5 In the event that the Promoter closes a Competition early, the Winner will be selected from all valid and eligible Entries received by the Promoter prior to the date of closure, except that the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to close a Competition early without selecting a Winner. In the event that a Competition is closed without selecting a Winner, the Promoter will give all entrants Game Credit to enable them to replay equivalent tickets in a subsequent competition. The Promoter also reserves the right at its sole discretion to extend the closing date of any Competition.
- 5.6 All Entrants are automatically entered onto the Promoter’s database for the purpose of conveying information as to the status of their Competition, as well as any future Promotions or Competitions offered by the Promoter.
- 5.7 The competitions can have time added on up to 4 times maximum. If the competition is not sold out after the 4th timer running out, then the prize that will be awarded will be as follows:50% cash prize for the amount of money taken during this competition. Only the competition entrants will be entered into the draw.
- Winner’s Details
- 6.1 The First Prize Winner will be required to show proof of identification on receipt of the prize. Any failure to meet this obligation may result in the Winner being disqualified and the Promoter retaining the prize.
- 6.2 All Winners will also be required to provide photographs and/or pose for photographs and videos, which may be used in future marketing and public relations by the Promoter in connection with the Competition and in identifying them as a winner of a Competition.
- 6.3 Following receipt and verification of the details requested above by the Promoter, the Winners will be contacted in order to make arrangements for delivery or collection of the prize.
- Competition Prizes
- 7.1 Gaming Edge prizes are determined, selected by the managing directors of the company and are owned by the promoter from the date of the competition going live on the website to the date that the winner receives the prize. All prizes are picked and purchased by the promoter and in that case, this is the prize the winner will receive. Details of each prize can be found on the website on the competition’s pages. Gaming Edge take no responsibility of the prize awarded after delivery, once the winner receives the prize the promoter does not insure the prize. No insurance or warranty comes with second hand prizes and the promoter cannot be held responsible for the prize once handed over to the winner. Brand New Prizes will be purchased in the prize winners name so they may activate their own warranty with the retailer/manufacturer.
- 7.2 The Prize winner must collect the prize in person from Gaming Edge with the relevant documentation, should the winner not be willing to collect we will arrange purchase from a suitable bonified retailer to deliver via recorded delivery to their home address free of charge.
- 7.3 All entrant expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winners.
- 7.4 All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the prize provider, manufacturer or supplier.
- 7.5 Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable or convertible to other substitutes and cannot be used in conjunction with any other vouchers, offers or discounts, including without limitation any vouchers or offers of the Promoter or other prize suppliers.
- 7.6. The Promoter can store the prize free of charge for 28 days after notifying the First Prize Winner, at the end of which time the First Prize must be collected.
- 7.7 Acceptance of the prize by the Winner will mean they are required to have their photo and or video taken by the Promoter for promotional purposes (Public Relations and Marketing), both immediately after their win and in the future for use in accordance with rule 6.2, unless prohibited by law.
- 7.8 By entering a Competition, you agree to the use of your name, address, and/or photograph or other likeness, as well as your appearance at publicity events without any additional compensation (save for reasonable travel expenses) and as required by the Promoter if you are declared a Winner.
Limits of Liability the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability of any of the goods or services offered as prizes. Except for liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Promoter, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods by any person to the prize Winner(s) and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying the Winner(s), or in connection with any of the Competitions promoted by the Promoters.
Electronic Communications No responsibility will be accepted for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet accessibility or availability or for traffic congestion or unauthorised human act, including any errors or mistakes. The Promoter shall use its best endeavours to award the prize for a Competition to the correct Entrant. If due to reasons of hardware, software or other computer related failure, or due to human error the prize is awarded incorrectly, the Promoter reserves the right to reclaim the Competition prize and award it to the correct Entrant, at its sole discretion and without admission of liability. In the event that the Promoter closes a Competition early, the Winner will be selected from all valid and eligible Entries received by the Promoter prior to the date of closure, except that the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to close a Competition early without selecting a Winner.
In the event that a Competition is closed without selecting a Winner, the Promoter will give all entrants Game Credit to enable them to replay equivalent tickets in a subsequent competition. The Promoter also reserves the right at its sole discretion to extend the closing date of any Competition. The Promoter shall not be liable for any economic or other consequential loss suffered or sustained to any persons to whom an award has been incorrectly made, and no compensation shall be due.
The Promoter shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the software and website(s) used to operate its Competitions perform correctly and accurately across the latest versions of popular internet, tablet and mobile browsers. For the avoidance of doubt, only the ticket recorded in our systems, howsoever displayed or calculated, shall be entered into the relevant Competition and the Promoter shall not be held liable for any competition entries that occur as a result of malfunctioning software or other event.
- Data Protection Notice Any personal data that you supply to the Promoter or authorise the Promoter to obtain from a third party, for example, a credit card company, will be used by the Promoter to administer the Competition and fulfil prizes where applicable. In order to process, record and use your personal data the Promoter may disclose it to (i) any credit card company whose name you give; (ii) any person to whom the Promoter proposes to transfer any of the Promoter’s rights and/or responsibilities under any agreement the Promoter may have with you; (iii) any person to whom the Promoter proposes to transfer its business or any part of it; (iv) comply with any legal or regulatory requirement of the Promoter in any country; and (v) prevent, detect or prosecute fraud and other crime. In order to process, use, record and disclose your personal data the Promoter may need to transfer such information outside the United Kingdom, in which event the Promoter is responsible for ensuring that your personal data continues to be adequately protected during the course of such transfer. Your contact details may be used to make you aware of a new Gaming Edge competition, of a live draw date or to contact you if you are a winner.